Hey everyone, today we are going to blog about healthy soup for eyesight. Do not worry; this soup is drinkable for ages. We don’t know what the exact name for this soup is because in Chinese, it’s called Pang Bei Tau meaning Christmas Lima Shelling Beans but hey the most important part is what is inside the soup. We will teach you how to make the soup with healthy ingredients. Let’s get started.
- Fresh/ Frozen Pork Ribs ( Roughly 300-400g)
- Christmas Lima Shelling Beans ( as you wish)
- Chinese Wolfberries ( 1 tablespoon)
- Red Dates (6-7 snips)
- Sichuan Preserved Vegetables (optional)
- Dried Squid (optional)
*If you are using frozen pork ribs, you will need to take it out early to defrost *
1. Prepare a medium size pot; fill it up with water about half of the pot (enough to cover the pork ribs), when you are waiting for the water to boil; you can prepare cut your vegetables. Once the water is boiling, gently drop in the pork ribs and blanch for about 2 minutes. Strain the water, and rinse the pork with cold water.
2. After, washing the pot and fill up with water about half the pot boils it with high heat. As the water is boiling, rinse all your dried ingredients. Once water boils, add the pork ribs, and all ingredients to the water. Add extra water if the water doesn’t touch the top of your vegetables.
3. Let’s cook for 3 hours; the longer it cooks, the more flavorful your soup will end up. Once the soup is done, you can add a pinch of salt (if it’s not salty enough).